Thursday, October 18, 2012

Colombia: Day 3 (OVERLOAD OF PICS)

Today we did A LOT of walking and eating :)

We walked "la Peatonal". It's a street which cars can no longer drive on.  Its SUPER busy and loads of people walk the street and browse the shops and vendors.  I don't remember how long it was, but we walked for at least 5 hours.  I was a GREAT time! 

Tia Maggie, Me, Tomi, Abuela and in the back Chuma and Esteban.  I loved this day...


In Colombia they call pharmacies, drug stores, but it sounds way better in spanish, particularly since we were in Colombia where they are known for their drugs.  Esteban HAD to get a picture in front of this one :) "Drogas Colombia Farma" 


We had some 'aguas aromaticas' in el Cafe San Moritz.  Its a very old coffee shop of sorts.  Lots of telenovelas are filmed there and we weren't aloud to take pics inside.  So, here are Esteban and I right our side of it. :) I love 'agua aromatica' so good!!!!


should have bought the hat, but I didn't.


The very center of the city.  We saw and went into La Catedral and took pics of the Goverment buildings.  

There was a lot of hussel and bussel going on outside this church.  But I loved going inside and sensing the calm in this church.  it was super quiet and people where super reverent.  I also really love looking at old churches... no matter the denomination.



You can see Mon Serrate from this picturesque street.  
I just loved the beauty of Colombia! Seriously, stunning!!! 


El Museo de Botero, a famous Colombian Figurative.

Good Times.... 






After our walk we had a traditional Colombian lunch.  These were super yummy AND super cheap! 
It cost as much as a happy meal and it was MUCH bigger and healthier than the previously mentioned "food".  It was a tiny 'hole in the wall' restaurant.  We took half of an entire room :)

Churrazco, rice, fried plantanes (YUM) and a pasta salad.  
This meal also included a plate of fresh fruit and dessert. 

 

and since that wasn't enough food... we got DELICIOUS ice cream at Crepes and Waffles
That place was seriously, so GOOD! 
You can see Mon Serrate from here as well.  I loved it!  


That same night Tomi and Chuma's close family and friends all met up at Andres Carne de Rez, La Plaza to dine and chit chat.  This was SUCH a fun night.  Tomi and Chuma's family are the kindest of people, no wonder Tomi loves it there.


When Tomi first moved to Colombia, Los Moreno, took her in to their family as if she was family.  It was my first time meeting them.  It was SO nice to finally put a face to their names and to feel that same love they expressed to Tomi.  I cried several times this night.

Lisandro Moreno, Sergio Moreno, Bruno y Mauro

Sergio, Tia Maggie, Margarita Moreno, Tomi y Jose Moreno

Abuela, Nana (sweetest girl EVER), Hernan, Chuma, Mincho and Leidy
some of Chuma's cousins.  Love them! 

Mauro, Me, Jose and Sergio

As the night went on, I really wanted to chit chat with some of Tomi's old friends.  Friends who were her guardian angels until she found her one and only :) I had heard and seen lots of pics of these great guys.  So we started chit chatting and let me just say, these guys cracked me up like I haven't laughed in FOREVER!  Wish we could have hung out more... 

Tomi's Colombian parents (Lisandro and Margarita) and Abuela 

"Family" Pic <3 

The above picture is a long story... one that will have to wait for a long time :)
Lets just say, I LOVE these people!!!! 

This day was just the best! So much love to give and receive.  I couldn't be more happy for Tomi and Chuma and the love they have.  They are well cared for in Colombia!

No comments: